On the evening of December 7, 2021, Maple Ridge Chorus was delighted to perform its first Christmas concert in two years at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Maple Ridge! Out of an abundance of caution given the ongoing pandemic, compared to previous concerts, MRC performed a shorter programme with no intermission in a smaller venue for a limited, invitation-only audience (family and friends). Strict safety protocols kept everyone safe. The programme, entitled “Christmas Nostalgia”, was very warmly and enthusiastically received. It was a triumph to perform after such a long hiatus. We sincerely thank the audience for their support. In lieu of selling tickets, MRC gratefully accepted donations, which went to the Canadian Red Cross for flood relief.
Congratulations to soloists John Simms, Rose Koyama, and Maria Farinha for their fine performances. MRC would also like to recognize and thank the following:
- Musical Director Aimee Oliverio, Accompanist Claire Oliverio, and emcee Serena Michajluk, for their excellent work before and/or during the concert.
- Barb Vickers, for crocheting the lovely broaches worn by female choristers.
- Gerry Vickers, for setting up for the Christmas concert and for opening and closing our practice venue all season long.
- Shirley Jones, for her hard work as librarian (ensuring everyone has sheet music) and for so graciously hosting and accompanying sectional practices in her home.
- Rona Home Centre, for their generous pricing of the beautiful poinsettias that adorned the stage.